-Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Hon’ble Chairman IRCS & Minister of Health & Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers flagged off relief supplies for Uttarakhand and UT’s of Jammu & Kashmir & Ladakh
29 October, 2021
-National Voluntary Blood Donation Day - 01 October, 2021
National Voluntary Blood Donation Day is observed on 1st October in India since 1975 to encourage healthy people to donate blood. IRCS, NHQ organized Blood Donation Camp at Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi which was inaugurated by Union Health Secretary Shri Rajesh Bhushan along with Dr. Sunil Kumar, DGHS, India
-The theme for the World Red Cross Red Crescent Day (May 8) is #unstoppable.
The aim of this theme is to celebrate the determination and resilience of RCRC staff and volunteers despite COVID-19 and to convey a message of determination and unity in the world.
Message from Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Chairman of the Indian Red Cross Society - https://indianredcross.org/ircs/wrcday2021
March 20, 2021
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Chairman of the Indian Red Cross Society, National Headquarters inaugurated a Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT) Testing Facility at the IRCS NHQ Blood Centre. He also inaugurated three fully equipped vehicles, including two blood collection vans which would be used to hold blood camps and add blood units to the Red Cross Blood Centre. More....
February 15, 2020
Red Cross Movement globally has been advocating Tree plantation primarily to address concerns on climate change and global warming
Mr.R.K Jain, IAS (Retd) Secretary General IRCS (NHQ) and Mr.Udaya Regmi, Head of CCST, IFRC planted saplings to spread the message of Tree plantation at IRCS (NHQ) premises.
The Secretary General desired that all branches & Red Crosses should plant at least one tree every year and also nourish that to grow so that we make an impact on Mother Earth which is getting warmer year after year
The Annual General Meeting of the Indian Red Cross Society and St. John Ambulance (India) held on Thursday, the 15th of October, 2020 at 12:30 PM in virtual mode. [Minutes of Meeting] [Some Glimpses...]
During the meeting following statutory business was undertaken:-
i. Confirmation of the proceedings of the last AGM held on 30th August, 2016. [Click Here]
ii. Adoption of Annual Report and Audited Annual Accounts of the IRCS and St. John Ambulance (India) for the years 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
iii. Approval of Budget of the IRCS and St. John Ambulance (India) for the year 2020-21.
iv. Approval of the appointment of statutory auditors for IRCS and St. John Ambulance (India) for the years 2019-20 & 2020-21 and their remuneration..
v. Awards were announced to be conferred later for best performing branches, blood centres, distinguished Red Crossers & St. John volunteers/workers as well as St. John Ambulance Centres. [Click Here]
National Council of the St. John Ambulance (India)
28 July, 2020
IRCS, Managing Body Meeting
25 June, 2020
IRCS Secretary General, Sh R K Jain, IAS (Retd) accepted the first tranche of 100 ventilators from the US Ambassador to India, Mr. Kenneth I. Juster on behalf of the US Government at the National Headquarters of the Indian Red Cross. More...
Alerts - 2020
- The SUPER CYCLONE ‘AMPHAN’ - Affecting West Bengal and Odisha
May 19, 2020
- 1180 trained volunteers in Odisha are engaged in mobilizing people to 65 cyclone shelters & Early warning dissemination. The shelters are being equipped with tarpaulins, masks, firstaid kits,etc. [Glimpses]
- Red Cross volunteers in West Bengal are doing all they can to alert people who are at maximum risk. They are preparing communities living near rivers and in slums for evacuation to cyclone shelters. People are also being advised to move to local cyclone shelters. With support of local admin, preparations to minimize damage are being made [Glimpses]
World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, 08 May, 2020 #keepclapping for volunteers
- Message from Hon'ble President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind
- Message from Hon'ble Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Chairman IRCS
- Message from Secretary General, Sh. R.K Jain
- Hon'ble Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan, Chairman IRCS flag off relief material for COVID-19 from IRCS, NHQ and online addresses IRCS branches
- Live from Indian Red Cross Society. A Big Thankyou to all the volunteers working very hard to keep us safe! Thankyou for empowering people for life saving information!
- Short Video - #keepclapping for volunteers
2019 Indian Red Cross Society – Centenary Celebrations – Logo Design Competition
Join our exhibition at IRCS, NHQ, Delhi at 1 Red Cross Road, New Delhi -110001
Click here to download Centenary Logo
- Youth Fest 2020
Dates to be decided
- IRCS States/UTs Secretaries annual meeting
18-19 December, 2019 at IRCS NHQ [Minutes of Meeting]
- Quality Management Systems training for IRCS Blood Banks
by Global Advisory Panel (GAP) of IFRC
at Gujarat, Ahmedabad (4-8 November, 2019)
- Annual General Meeting of IRCS, Telangana State Branch held on 24, Oct, 2019 [Minutes of Meeting]
- Meeting with States/UTs officials and representatives from railways and brigade to streamline the processes and good governance in St John Ambulance activities
October 04, 2019
-Training on Livelihood need assessment (module 1) at Puri, Odisha - Training on assessing economic security needs [Gallery]
23rd September, 2019 - 27th September, 2019
Inauguration on 23rd September, 2019
Chairperson: Governor of Odisha Prof. Ganeshi Lal. Ms CTM Suguna , the Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer Maj Kalpana Das and Mr R K Jain, Secretary General, NHQ graced the occasion.
Professor Ganeshi Lal, the Governor of Odisha said that we can not differentiate the impact of the disaster, instead we should work to preserve the lives of people.
Secretary General mentioned the role of Red Cross during cyclones Fani, Titaly and the 1999's super cyclone. During all disasters, the Red Cross was one of the main actor to assist the affected communities. He added that in Red Cross the basic duty is to serve the society and to help those who are in need. He also emphasized the role of training exercise in process of learning and how a well planned project is pivot to it's successful implementation. Role of IRCS is to supplement the activities of the Government and to create resilience in the community.
- World First Aid Day (Secretary General's Message)
14th September, 2019
VISHWA YUWAK KENDRA
PT. Uma Shankar Dikshit Road
Teen Murti Marg, Chanakyapuri
Tel: 011 23013631 Fax: 011 23016604
- Online Media and the Red Cross by Tanvi, ICRC
- Online Media and the Red Cross by Shikha Chopra, IRCS
- Media Monitoring for the Red Cross by Jhinuk Mukhopadhyay, ICRC
- Geneva Conventions and IHL (Emblem Focus) by Suriya Rao, ICRC
- Tools and approach to mobilise resources by Jyotsna Bhatnagar, WFP
- Purpose & Goals of CSR in Indian Context by Manjusha, CAF
- PME and PfR post 2020 in collaboration with IFRC
2-4 September, 2019
-Extraordinary meeting of the Managing Body
02 August, 2019
-National Training of Trainers workshop for SERV Master Trainers
29th July - 03 August, 2019
- 3rd Project Cycle Management workshop [Agenda]
30th July, 2019 - 02 August, 2019
Brief Report on 03 Project Cycle Management (with Result Based Approach) Workshops
(supported by – International Committee of the Red Cross)
-Prof Philippe Vandekerckhove, Global Advisory Panel (GAP) President, CEO, Belgian Red Cross-Flanders along with his team met Secretary General, IRCS in his office on 15 July 2019 to discuss the risk management and corporate governance needs of the IRCS blood services.
- International Yoga Day
21st June, 2019
- World Blood Donor Day (Secretary General's Message)
14th June, 2019
- 3rd Nityanand Gupta Memorial Oration cum Alumni Meet
10th June, 2019
Indian Red Cross Society is organising third Nityanand Gupta Memorial Oration cum Alumni Meet on 10th June 2019 for Alumni of Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Preparedness and Rehabilitation. Sh. Nityanand Gupta was student of 7th batch of PG Diploma in Disaster Preparedness and Rehabilitation Course and was on deputation to NDRF. Sh. Gupta, Second- in - command, NDRF succumbed alongwith other personnel in an IAF Helicopter crash which was on relief mission during the Uttarakhand Flash Floods 2013.
- Ham Radio Training for IRCS officials - 29 May, 2019 [Session by Sh. Sandeep Baruah, Scientist 'F', Vigyan Prasar] - Short Video
-RTI workshop for IRCS officials - 28 May, 2019 [Session by Sh. Umesh Chandra Joshi, Deputy Secretary (Law)]
- Brainstorming Discussion for improvement of IRCS functioning - 30 April, 2019
- IRCS State and UT branches leadership meeting -7th and 8th March, 2019
[Minutes of Meeting]
Kindly refer to the State/UT Branch Leadership Meeting held on 7th & 8th of March 2019 in which some recommendations were made and communicated to all the branches. One such decision in the minutes on page no 3 was-:
9. It was also decided that 16 hour training of First Aid could be spread over to any number of days but not less than 3 days.
All the State/UT branches are advised to put on hold the implementation of the recommendation of reduction of First Aid Training being imparted throughout the country from 8 days to 3 days.
Kindly issue necessary instructions to the District/Sub-district branches, if such an orders has already been issued by you. Otherwise, it may be put on hold for the present.
- National Workshop on Family News Service - 19-22 Nov, 2018 [Details]
- International Yoga Day - 21 June, 2018
- World Red Cross Day - 08 May, 2018 [Photos]
- Nation Youth Fest 2018 - 12-14 February, 2018 [Photos]