Indian Red Cross Centenary Celebrations
2019 Indian Red Cross Society – Centenary Celebrations – Logo Design Competition
Join our exhibition at IRCS, NHQ, Delhi at 1 Red Cross Road, New Delhi -110001
- Regional Youth Camp for BIMSTEC Nations and States/UTs
7-11 March 2020 at Amity University, Gurgaon
- IRCS States/UTs Secretaries annual meeting
18-19 December, 2019 at IRCS NHQ [Minutes of Meeting]
- Quality Management Systems training for IRCS Blood Banks
by Global Advisory Panel (GAP) of IFRC
at Gujarat, Ahmedabad (4-8 November, 2019)
- Annual General Meeting of IRCS, Telangana State Branch held on 24, Oct, 2019 [Minutes of Meeting]
- Meeting with States/UTs officials and representatives from railways and brigade to streamline the processes and good governance in St John Ambulance activities
October 04, 2019
-Training on Livelihood need assessment (module 1) at Puri, Odisha - Training on assessing economic security needs [Gallery]
23rd September, 2019 - 27th September, 2019
Inauguration on 23rd September, 2019
Chairperson: Governor of Odisha Prof. Ganeshi Lal. Ms CTM Suguna , the Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer Maj Kalpana Das and Mr R K Jain, Secretary General, NHQ graced the occasion.
Professor Ganeshi Lal, the Governor of Odisha said that we can not differentiate the impact of the disaster, instead we should work to preserve the lives of people.
Secretary General mentioned the role of Red Cross during cyclones Fani, Titaly and the 1999's super cyclone. During all disasters, the Red Cross was one of the main actor to assist the affected communities. He added that in Red Cross the basic duty is to serve the society and to help those who are in need. He also emphasized the role of training exercise in process of learning and how a well planned project is pivot to it's successful implementation. Role of IRCS is to supplement the activities of the Government and to create resilience in the community.
- World First Aid Day (Secretary General's Message)
14th September, 2019
VISHWA YUWAK KENDRA
PT. Uma Shankar Dikshit Road
Teen Murti Marg, Chanakyapuri
Tel: 011 23013631 Fax: 011 23016604
- Online Media and the Red Cross by Tanvi, ICRC
- Online Media and the Red Cross by Shikha Chopra, IRCS
- Media Monitoring for the Red Cross by Jhinuk Mukhopadhyay, ICRC
- Geneva Conventions and IHL (Emblem Focus) by Suriya Rao, ICRC
- Tools and approach to mobilise resources by Jyotsna Bhatnagar, WFP
- Purpose & Goals of CSR in Indian Context by Manjusha, CAF
- PME and PfR post 2020 in collaboration with IFRC
2-4 September, 2019
-Extraordinary meeting of the Managing Body
02 August, 2019
-National Training of Trainers workshop for SERV Master Trainers
29th July - 03 August, 2019
- 3rd Project Cycle Management workshop [Agenda]
30th July, 2019 - 02 August, 2019
Brief Report on 03 Project Cycle Management (with Result Based Approach) Workshops
(supported by – International Committee of the Red Cross)
-Prof Philippe Vandekerckhove, Global Advisory Panel (GAP) President, CEO, Belgian Red Cross-Flanders along with his team met Secretary General, IRCS in his office on 15 July 2019 to discuss the risk management and corporate governance needs of the IRCS blood services.
- International Yoga Day
21st June, 2019
- World Blood Donor Day (Secretary General's Message)
14th June, 2019
- 3rd Nityanand Gupta Memorial Oration cum Alumni Meet
10th June, 2019
Indian Red Cross Society is organising third Nityanand Gupta Memorial Oration cum Alumni Meet on 10th June 2019 for Alumni of Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Preparedness and Rehabilitation. Sh. Nityanand Gupta was student of 7th batch of PG Diploma in Disaster Preparedness and Rehabilitation Course and was on deputation to NDRF. Sh. Gupta, Second- in - command, NDRF succumbed alongwith other personnel in an IAF Helicopter crash which was on relief mission during the Uttarakhand Flash Floods 2013.
- Ham Radio Training for IRCS officials - 29 May, 2019 [Session by Sh. Sandeep Baruah, Scientist 'F', Vigyan Prasar] - Short Video
-RTI workshop for IRCS officials - 28 May, 2019 [Session by Sh. Umesh Chandra Joshi, Deputy Secretary (Law)]
- Brainstorming Discussion for improvement of IRCS functioning - 30 April, 2019
- IRCS State and UT branches leadership meeting -7th and 8th March, 2019
[Minutes of Meeting]
Kindly refer to the State/UT Branch Leadership Meeting held on 7th & 8th of March 2019 in which some recommendations were made and communicated to all the branches. One such decision in the minutes on page no 3 was-:
9. It was also decided that 16 hour training of First Aid could be spread over to any number of days but not less than 3 days.
All the State/UT branches are advised to put on hold the implementation of the recommendation of reduction of First Aid Training being imparted throughout the country from 8 days to 3 days.
Kindly issue necessary instructions to the District/Sub-district branches, if such an orders has already been issued by you. Otherwise, it may be put on hold for the present.
- National Workshop on Family News Service - 19-22 Nov, 2018 [Details]
- International Yoga Day - 21 June, 2018
- World Red Cross Day - 08 May, 2018 [Photos]
- Nation Youth Fest 2018 - 12-14 February, 2018 [Photos]