"Whereas, Indian Red Cross Society has been established by an Act of Parliament known as Indian Red Cross Society Act, XV of 1920 and also affiliated to the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement. It has been recognized as the only National Society in India and has its own emblem. It has Pan India presence through its State/UT, District and sub district Branches. Its emblem is also protected from any commercial use through Section 12 of the Geneva Convention Act, 1960. The Section essentially prohibits all use of this emblem (Red Cross or Red Crescent) without prior authorization from the Government, including any design or wording so nearly resembling as to be capable of being mistaken for, or, as the case may be, understood to one of this emblem. Therefore, no other organization(s) is/are allowed to use this emblem or name without prior authorization of Government.
It has come to our notice that one organization namely ‘Red Crescent of India’ having its address as 202, Embassy Center, Nariman Point, Mumbai -400009, Maharashtra is operational.
We hereby notify that Indian Red Cross Society have no direct or indirect relationship with ‘Red Crescent of India’ and Indian Red Cross Society will not be responsible for any type of dealing or transaction with ‘Red Crescent of India’. Any individual or institute dealing with this organization is dealing at its own risks. "
- Annual General Meeting, 17 May 2022 letter to All State/UT Branches
13 April, 2022
[Meeting Link] | [ Documents ]
- Fire Safety Certificate - IRCS
20 April 2022
- Request for Comments on Gazette notification regarding Standards for the Institute /Training centers imparting First-Aid training and issuing First-aid competency certificate
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT (DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF MINES SAFETY) NOTIFICATION Dhanbad, the 4th August, 2021
-The theme for the World Red Cross Red Crescent Day (May 8) is #unstoppable.
The aim of this theme is to celebrate the determination and resilience of RCRC staff and volunteers despite COVID-19 and to convey a message of determination and unity in the world.
-Suggestions are invited on Draft Amendments in Uniform Rules [Click here to download draft amendments]
- Standardization of colour, pattern and specifications of relief distribution material (July 17, 2019)
- Criteria for Assessment of State/UT IRCS Branches (Financial Year 19-20)
- Criteria for selection of five best Blood Banks of IRCS in the Country (Financial Year 19-20)
- Model Agreement and Terms and Conditions of MoU for linkages MoU with Storage Centres and IRCS Blood Bank as mother blood bank
Rules & Guidelines
- The Indian Red Cross Act XV of 1920
- Rules for State/UT/District Branches
- Guidelines for Junior and Youth Red Cross
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of St John Ambulance India
- Guideline for conducing First Aid and Home Nursing Training during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Uniform Guidelines for Statutory Auditors of State/UT Branches
-Elections of 12 National Managing Body Members
Dated 20 October, 2021
- Request for nominations for awards of Red Cross Gold Medal, Red Cross Certificate of Merit, Shields for Fund Raising and Membership, Voluntary Blood Donation Shields for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Last Date 01 August 2021
Dated 02 July, 2021
- Convening of IRCS State/UT Branch Secretaries Meeting in New Delhi on 18th-19th December, 2019
Dated 20 November, 2019
- Change of Public Information Officer (PIO) of IRCS under RTI Act, 2005
Dated 08 August,.2019
- Introduction of online File Tracking System (FTS) in IRCS-NHQ
Dated 06 August, 2019
- Empowering State/UT branches of IRCS to issue Annual Membership Certificates at their own level - reg
Dated 13 May, 2019
- Processing charges for issue of Blood/Blood components to the patients admitted in private hospitals/autonomous bodies/nursing homes/private ward of Govt Hospitals/Private ward of Govt. Blood Banks and processing charges from Govt hospitals
Dated 07 July, 2017
Minutes of Meetings
- Meeting with States/UTs officials and representatives from railways and brigade to streamline the processes and good governance in St John Ambulance activities
October 04, 2019
Kindly refer to the State/UT Branch Leadership Meeting held on 7th & 8th of March 2019 in which some recommendations were made and communicated to all the branches. One such decision in the minutes on page no 3 was-:
9. It was also decided that 16 hour training of First Aid could be spread over to any number of days but not less than 3 days.
All the State/UT branches are advised to put on hold the implementation of the recommendation of reduction of First Aid Training being imparted throughout the country from 8 days to 3 days.
Kindly issue necessary instructions to the District/Sub-district branches, if such an orders has already been issued by you. Otherwise, it may be put on hold for the present.
- Admissions for 27th batch of HP course through Ayurveda and Yoga
Last date: 03 June, 2019 [Closed]
- 2019 Indian Red Cross Society – Centenary Celebrations – Logo Design Competition
Last Date: 29 April, 2019 [Closed]